Monday, September 22, 2014

Controlling Circumstances

"Do not let circumstances control you. You change your circumstances."

I know its tough. The day job kept you too late in the evening. The house is a wreck. There are people demanding to be fed. Everything needs to be done. Laundry and dishes are piling up faster than you can say 'I give'.
I get it. It's hard; especially when you notice everyone else is getting his/her writing/edits/ etc. done.
I stress pretty easily. My day job isn't ideal but I'm thankful I won't pay a fee for not having health insurance at tax time.
My house is seldom perfect. It gets outta control in no time. (I don't even have kids yet! I have a husband & a dog...kind of counts.) 
Anyways, my point is writing shouldn't be on your check-list that's right beside your grocery list. It shouldn't feel like a chore or just one more thing to do in your shrinking 24hour day.
When writing becomes a burden it isn't any fun. (Since when is any burden fun?!)
The answer to this dilemma.
Change your circumstances. Change how you write, maybe a different chair or change the time of day you write.
You just might be surprised by the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment