Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Why Lose Motivation

Fellows, we are gathered here today to witness the death of a writing streak.

Ever wonder why you lose motivation? I ponder this all the time. There are days when all I want to do is COMMIT, COMMIT, COMMIT, to writing, editing, finishing, typing, ANYTHING that has to do with my personal writing career. The desire is so strong, I feel the fire burning in my chest. My fingers tingle with the anticipation of touching the keys of my laptop.
So why is it...I feel the extreme opposite? A void so big it threats to swallow me up. Dark and thick as tar slowly consuming my once burning desire? What if I don't want this bad enough? What if I can't be published? What if my book will never make it to that list? What if no one ever reads it once it's published? My books won't ever be as good as So-and-so's; why bother?

I know. So. Many. Questions. I seriously doubt myself especially on days I shouldn't, like the days I don't feel motivated. It's a bad circle of never-endingness. UUUGGGGHHHH.
Then I get stuck in this...unmotivated state. I get caught up in the despair.
That leaves us with the ultimate question. How do we defeat it?
When you find an answer let me know. I normally push through anyways. After a few days of not writing, I start to get this itch. This itch to write. If I don't get a writing itch, I do it anyways. If I don't ever start, I won't ever finish. Practical right. But why is it so hard to just do it??

Tell me how you defeat the despair and what your struggles are.

As always,
#keepyourpenup

No comments:

Post a Comment