Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Love + Skill

Forgive this super late post! My boss is on vacation & I've been in charge. Tip for today: always say 'thank you' to your bank teller. Good thing I am not a stress eater. I'm 100% sure I would have gained 15lbs this week. It brings back not-so-fond memories of the "freshman 15". *shudders
Anyways...back on track :)

"When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece."

Everyone knows (& if they don't, they will soon find out) you must love to write in order to write well. You have to love it just to want to write. Whether you have a given talent or you have sweated endless nights to become a better writer, it is necessary for the said equation to work. If you have one or the other but not both your novel may fall flat. Think carefully about a writing career before you choose it. For us writers, writing is our passion, our life and one of our loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment