Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The Only Place Where Success Comes Before

"The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary."

Growing up I was told 'if you want something, you have to work for it.' Writing is exactly that. If you want to have a career as an author you have to work for it. Lately, I've been having very crazy dreams that would make amazing novels. The only problem is, I'm not sure I have enough skill to pull them off. So, I'm taking the next step. I'm working to become better as a writer. Is it going to be hard? Yes. Will this change my style/voice as a writer? Possibly, but not all change is a bad thing. Will it be worth it in the end? Ah, the always haunting question us dreamers face. The answer is simple. Yet another truth to live by: you will never know if you don't try.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment