Tuesday, June 10, 2014

When Nothing is Sure

Whoa! Am I slacking it what?! (You don't have to answer that.)

Henceforth, I promise to update my blog shenanigans more often. So we'll start with something uplifting & a subject which has come to light recently.

"When nothing is sure, everything is possible."

Ironically, nothing in the publishing world is a 'sure thing'. But that leaves room for the utmost ridiculous possibility. No really. Think about this. Let is sink in, as it did with me. I'll share a little bit of my situation with you. My MS has gone major revisions & near completion and I've always wanted to compete in one of those writing blog contests. (No worries, my MS will be finished and polished before I submit to any.) Now a few months ago I woulda fainted with the idea of submitting my work to ANY contest. But now...I feel differently. More like why not? Instead of Why on earth would I do that?!
Maybe it was the first round of rejected (and righly so) query letters. Maybe it is because I'm more confident in my writing. Maybe its the deeper research I've been doing on how hard this whole publishing road is. Maybe its because I've stopped sitting on the fence and decided I want this. I want this and shall work hard to achieve it. This is the commitment I've made all because the possibilities far out weigh the unsure.

No comments:

Post a Comment