Friday, July 11, 2014

Carrying the Load

"It's not the load that breaks you down, it's how you carry it."

I love this. In recent situations, this quote is golden with all the wisdom it possesses. But let me start with the whole being a woman thing. Not being feminist or anything like that. I'm simply stating being a woman is hard. As women we are expected, ( most of us anyways), to keep the house, work a full time job, balance social life, take care of children & the husband/other. It's quite difficult and more so with the addition to any hobbies, extra-curricular activities. Women are loaded with responsibilities. Naturally we handle them different than men. (Stay with me I will make a point with all the back story). How our lives are balancing reflects upon our writing. Take myself for example, my social life, is crazy busy, (not bragging at all & not saying I'm Mrs. Popular) but we've hardly been home which means no writing for me. By the time the morning rolls around I can't drag myself out of bed that extra hour to write after getting a few hours of sleep. I've tried & failed miserable. So I've come to this conclusion encapsulated in the quote above and hinged in some time management. It's not about all the responsibilities I carry. It's how I choose to disperse them even within my life. Hopefully soon I'll be back on track with finally finishing my MS.

I'm sorry I'm not sorry this was a longer blog today. I'll be on a sunny vacation soon therefore I won't be posting for at least 2 weeks. Take care! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment