Thursday, August 7, 2014

Accepting No One's Definition

Hello my lovelies!
Vacation was busy, crazy and fun. I got quite a few hours in on my MS during the extremely long drive down the great OK. But I've missed my blog & all my daily reading of other blogs. I'll try to post twice this week to make up for being gone. :)

"Accept no one's definition of your life, define yourself"

You know those people. The ones who try to shape your life into the same shape as his/her own. The ones who criticize & badger you down feeling as though they filled your shoes with cement. It's hard not to give into their demands after being hounded time after time.
It's hard to be a writer in this day & age. Others, non-writters, don't see value in writing as we do. The same people don't see writing as a career. That's when they start defining your life, trying to tell you how to live, what to do & so forth. Save yourself some stress & headache...don't listen to their 'advice' on how your life should be. Only you know what is true & right for your heart, family & life. Trust me when I say those who don't value something the same as you will always make some argument against the thing which you value. It's a waste of time & energy trying to convince them otherwise. Just save yourself the hassle. Besides, what really matters is whether or not you're happy. Haters gonna hate & pay them no mind. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment