Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Waiting For the Right Time

"If you're waiting for the right time, it's now."

Writers, our time is now. Why wait? Let's take hold of what we have dreamed of. Let's take the risks we've been too scared to take. What's holding us back? 
As a child I always heard the saying, "What's the worst that can happen? They say 'no'." Yes it is the worst that can happen. Agents can tell you "No." But you know what I have come to find out?
No isn't all that bad. It may hurt for a little bit. But it isn't all that bad. I queried for my MS about a year ago and received all no's from every agent, (rightfully so). My ms wasn't ready. I thought it was just because I finished it. I was very wrong and I have grown as a writer because of those same no's. 
And now, now it's time. There will be no "perfect time" to query my solid MS again. There will be no incantation that makes it float to the top of some agents pile. So what have I done? It's simple. I've rearranged my schedule to make it for the perfect time. I decided I was going to enter a contest and that my MS would be polished and beautiful before that date of entry. 
You don't wait for the right time. You prepare for it. Thereafter, any time will be the right time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment