Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Maybe Next Year, Maybe This Year, Maybe I'll Die Young

So I've been thinking a lot about NaNoWriMo. (Anyone have a countdown?) I've decided this year is not my year to participate. As I'm typing, I'm making a mental list of all my projects. Over-ambitious as I am, well I could fit NaNoWriMo in somewhere! Maybe this year. Having an imagination is good as a writer, right?!
What if I die young?!
What if I write a slamming novel during NaNoWriMo?!
What if I never get published because I didn't write said novel from the previous question?!
Okay, the last part is way out there, but still.
Here's the bottom line.
GO. FOR. IT.
Who cares if you work forty or more hours a week. Who cares what your home looks like. What matters is pursuing your dream of writing. I have let my love for writing fall, soar, and die at times in my life. But if I only dream about it, it won't ever happen. Doesn't matter what the "it" is.
I'm not sure how I will do participate in NaNoWriMo, but I will.
I'm not sure which started piece of scrap novel I should choose, but I will.
Hey there you should too. Best of luck to you as well.

#keepyourpenup

No comments:

Post a Comment