Monday, September 25, 2017

New Adventure Begins

Hi there! So if you've kept up with anything I've posted, I got some closing news.
I'm rewriting my novel. My Fantasy New Adult (first written novel). It sucks big time. How do you scrap & rewrite without writing the SAME thing?! (Any advice would be great if you have some) So I'm trying to mentally block all the details of book one as to not write them in book 2. The problem is *UGH* it already has the same elements and I'm only 3 pages in. I'm trying to establish an emotional connection with the reader and my character and the only way I have so far is to show how the character's life is. (Is that so wrong?) Maybe I'll research the topic and come up with a new view.
My dark and dirty drug underworld is coming along. I'm kinda in a weird spot though. The story has plateaued and I'm working an angle for a climax (although there is a lot of other climaxing going on, pun intended). I didn't think I would like writing something so vulgar, degrading, drug related but it's kind of fun. Who doesn't like drug, sex, and a cuss word every other sentence? I personally wouldn't pick it up and read it but ya know there's all kinds of people out there. All kinds.

#keepyourpenup

No comments:

Post a Comment