Friday, October 6, 2017

I'm Not Totally Hating It

Rewriting is awful. Super awful. Confession: I'm not totally hating it. I figured I'd dig my heels in but I didn't think I would actually enjoy it. My character seems more real. She's not like the petty girl I unintentionally made her to be. No. She's strong to the core and awkward. I'm still trying to iron out all the hows but I'm trying to ignore it and focus on just completing. I want the story to flow organically. If I can tell when a novel is rushed when reading it; readers are going to sniff it out in my own novel.  I've also filled in a ton of things that weren't in my first three drafts. Before my novel was mild Fantasy. Now it's full blown with creatures of darkness and magic. Maybe that's what it was missing in the first place. Maybe it was too confusing because of "loose ends".  I really am loving whats happening so now I just need to finish it 100x faster than the other drafts, example before next year.
Happy writing.
#keepyourpenup

No comments:

Post a Comment