Saturday, October 14, 2017

When You Just Don't Know

I'm sure you've all been there. The cross-roads of life. Wonderful aren't they? That's kind where I'm at with this story. Character intro...check. Opening scene...check. Catalyst to push her decision...check. But what now? I've read SO many articles about how to formulate this and plan for that and know your character inside and out. UGH. I just want to write people! Do I really need the baking ingredients to traditional bread made with indigence plants only eaten by the village people for one time a year? No. I do not and you know what? Neither do you. Do your self a favor and stop. Stop reading advice and articles for 5 minutes. Yes planning is good. Yes plot structure, blah, blah, blah is awesome. ALTHOUGH, none of it will simply write your story for you. Do you even have a story after all that or has self-doubt and "I've been doing it all wrong" attitude sucked the life from you?
Consider this your kick in the pants day. Congratulations.
Now just block out all the things you've read that promise to fix your story in 3 easy steps. Just. Write.

#keepyourpenup

No comments:

Post a Comment